Dominican Republic Travel Adapter Kit | Going In StyleRegular price $15.00
Dominican Republic Adaptor Kit for traveling to the Caribbean and parts of North America.
Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes two adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.
Standard Adapter Kit: Includes one grounded adapter.
Basic Adapter Kit: Includes one non-grounded adapter.
Dominican Republic is located in the Caribbean and uses the same adapter plug as many Caribbean islands and the United States and Canada. Not all countries in the Caribbean require that their wall outlets be polarized (one pin larger than the other), therefore sometimes an adaptor plug is still necessary.
Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. This adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter.
Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.
Why do I need a North American adapter?
Even though Dominican Republic uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you will still need an adapter to use your plug in Dominican Republic.
Going In Style Dominican Republic Adapter Model GIS-DOMR-A-GUA
Deluxe Kit Features:
- Two adapter plugs
- Priority shipping upgrade
- Handy travel bag
- Going In Style Dominican Republic Adapter Model GIS-DOMR-A-GUA
Standard Kit Features:
- One grounded adapter
- CE Certified
- Going In Style Dominican Republic Adapter Model GIS-DOMR-GUA
Basic Kit Features:
- One non-grounded adapter
- Polarized plugs
- Going In Style Dominican Republic Adapter Model GIS-DOMR-A
Going In Style Adapters Feature:
- CE Certified
- Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other)
- Allows connection up to 240 volts
- Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
- Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
- The Deluxe Kit comes with a handy drawstring adapter bag.
- All Going In Style Adapters will allow a US (North America) Plug
- Note: The plug may fit tightly at first but will loosen up after multiple uses
Going In Style Grounded and Non Grounded Adapter Plug Travel Video
Grounded Adapter Plugs
If you are traveling with a grounded United States appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adapter plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs
Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Watch our video on grounded vs non-grounded adapters.
Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.
Dominican Republic operates on 110 volt electricity and is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. Many foreign countries operate on 50Hz. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.
Computers and Apple Products
If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.