Jamaica Travel Adapter Kit | Going In StyleRegular price $15.00
Jamaica Travel Adapter Travel Kit for charging your smart phone, tablet and other electronics when you travel overseas. Buy your travel adapter before you leave for your trip to Jamaica so you can charge your cell phone as soon as you arrive at your destination.
Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes two adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.
Standard Adapter Kit: Includes one grounded adapter.
Basic Adapter Kit: Includes one non-grounded adapter.Jamaica is located in the Caribbean and is an extremely popular travel destination. Jamaica uses the North America, two flat pin, style of adapter plug that is used in the United States.
Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter. If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.
Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.
Why do I need a North American adapter?
Even though Jamaica uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you will still need an adapter to use your plug in Jamaica.
Going In Style Jamaica Adapter Model GIS-JAM-A-GUA
Deluxe Kit Features:
- Two adapter plugs
- Priority shipping upgrade
- Handy travel bag
- Going In Style Jamaica Adapter Model GIS-JAM-A-GUA
Standard Kit Features:
- One grounded adapter
- CE Certified
- Going In Style Jamaica Adapter Model GIS-JAM-GUA
Basic Kit Features:
- One non-grounded adapter
- Polarized plugs
- Going In Style Jamaica Adapter Model GIS-JAM-A
Going In Style Adapters Feature:
- CE Certified
- Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other)
- Allows connection up to 240 volts
- Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
- Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
- All Going In Style Adapters will allow a US (North America) Plug
- Note: The plug may fit tightly at first but will loosen up after multiple uses
Going In Style Grounded and Non Grounded Adapter Plug Travel Video
Grounded Adapter Plugs
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs
Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.
Computers and Apple Products
If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.