Japan Travel Adapter Kit | Going In StyleRegular price $15.00
Japan Adapter Plug Kit has the adapters you will need for traveling to all parts of the gorgeous country of Japan. Buy your adapters before you leave on your trip so you can charge your smart phone as soon as you arrive at your destination.
Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes two adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.
Standard Adapter Kit: Includes one grounded adapter.
Basic Adapter Kit: Includes one non-grounded adapter.Japan adapters have two flat pins that fit into Japan and US outlets. Outlet sockets in Japan are not required to be polarized, whereas US appliance have polarized plugs. In order for US appliances to fit into Japan outlets a polarize adapter is needed. Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter. If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.
Going In Style Japan Adapter Model GIS-JP-A-GUA
Deluxe Adapter Plug Kit Includes:
- Two adapters total
- Personal adapter travel bag
- Priority shipping upgrade with tracking
- Going In Style Japan Adapter Model GIS-JP-A-GUA
Standard Adapter Plug Kit Includes:
- One grounded adapter plugs
- CE Certified plugs
- Going In Style Japan Adapter Model GIS-JP-GUA
Basic Adapter Plug Kit Includes:
- One non-grounded adapter plugs
- Polarized Plugs
- Going In Style Japan Adapter Model GIS-JP-A
Going In Style Adapters Feature:
- CE Certified
- Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other)
- Allows connection up to 240 volts
- Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
- Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
Going In Style Grounded and Non Grounded Adapter Plug Travel Video
Why do I need a North American adapter?
Even though Japan uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you will still need an adapter to use your plug in Japan.
Grounded Adapter Plugs
If you are traveling with a grounded United States dual/multi-voltage appliance or using a grounded Transformer you will need to use a grounded adaptor plug. A grounded United States plug has two flat blades and one round pin.
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs
Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Computers and Apple Products
If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.