Panama Travel Adapter Kit | Going In StyleRegular price $15.00
Panama Adapter Plug Set allows you to plug in your foreign appliances into Panama wall outlets. Panama adapters adapt China, Australia and North America plugs to fit into Panama wall outlets. Buy adapter plugs so you can charge your iPhone while traveling.
Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes two adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.
Standard Adapter Kit: Includes one grounded adapter.
Basic Adapter Kit: Includes one non-grounded adapter.
Panama is located in Central America and uses a North America style of adapter plug that is also used in the US and Canada. When traveling to Panama it is important to take along the correct adapter plug for your trip. Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts.An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. This adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter. Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.
Why do I need a North American adapter?
Even though a country uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you may still need an adapter to use your plug in this country.
Going In Style Panama Adapter Model GIS-PAN-A-GUA
Deluxe Kit Features:
- Two adapter plugs
- Priority shipping upgrade
- Handy travel bag
- Going In Style Country Panama Adapter Model GIS-PAN-A-GUA
Standard Kit Features:
- One grounded adapter
- CE Certified
- Going In Style Adapter Panama Adapter Model GIS-PAN-GUA
Basic Kit Features:
- One non-grounded adapter
- Polarized plugs
- Going In Style Adapter Panama Adapter Model GIS-PAN-A
Going In Style Adapters Feature:
- CE Certified
- Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other)
- Allows connection up to 240 volts
- Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
- Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
- The Deluxe Kit comes with a handy drawstring adapter bag.
- All Going In Style Adapters will allow a US (North America) Plug
- Note: The plug may fit tightly at first but will loosen up after multiple uses
Going In Style Grounded and Non Grounded Adapter Plug Travel Video
Grounded Adapter Plugs | Earthed Adapters
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs | Non Earthed Adapters
Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.
Panama operates on 120 volt electricity and is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. United States 110-120 volt electricity is generated at 60Hz (Cycles) Alternating Current. Many foreign countries operate on 50Hz. This difference in cycles may cause the motor in your 60Hz United States appliance to operate slightly slower when used on 50Hz foreign electricity. Most modern electronic equipment including battery chargers, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Toshiba computers, iPods, etc., will not be affected by the difference in cycle.
Computers and Apple Products
If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.