Virgin Islands (British) Travel Adapter Kit | Going In StyleRegular price $15.00
The British Virgin Island Adapter Kit allows you to plug in your European appliance into Virgin Island wall outlets. Buy your Virgin Island adapter plugs before you leave on your vacation so you can charge your cell phone as soon as you land.
Deluxe Adapter Kit: Includes two adapters and ships Priority Mail with tracking.
Standard Adapter Kit: Includes one grounded adapter.
Basic Adapter Kit: Includes one non-grounded adapter.
The British Virgin Islands are located in the Caribbean and are part of UK territory. The adapter plug you will need is a North America, two flat blade, plug which can also me used in countries such as Mexico, United States and Canada.
Adapter plugs allow electrical connections up to 240 volts. An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter) unless your appliance is dual voltage. A non-grounded adapter may NOT be used with appliances that have grounded plugs; for these you will need a grounded adapter. If your hair dryer, curling iron, electric razor is not dual voltage you will most likely need a converter to use your electric.
Many of our customers find it handy to have multiple adaptors while traveling - either to run several appliances simultaneously or simply as a backup.
Why do I need a North American adapter?
Even though Virgin Islands (US) uses North American sockets, the sockets are not required to be polarized. Since devices such as laptops have a polarized plug with one prong wider than the other, you may still need an adapter to use your plug in Virgin Islands (US).
Going In Style Virgin Islands (British) Adapter GIS-VIRGINISB-A-GUA
Deluxe Adapter Plug Kit Includes:
- Two adapters
- Personal adapter travel bag
- Priority shipping upgrade with tracking
- Going In Style Virgin Islands (British) Adapter GIS-VIRGINISB-A-GUA
Standard Adapter Plug Kit Includes:
- One grounded adapter plug
- CE Certified plugs
- Going In Style Virgin Islands (British) Adapter GIS-VIRGINISB-GUA
Basic Adapter Plug Kit Includes:
- One non-grounded adapter plug
- Polarized Plugs
- Going In Style Virgin Islands (British) Adapter GIS-VIRGINISB-A
Going In Style Adapters Feature:
- CE Certified
- Polarized adapter to fit polarized plugs (one prong larger than the other)
- Allows connection up to 240 volts
- Enables United States appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- Enables Europe appliance plugs to fit into foreign country wall outlets
- An adapter plug does NOT change the current or voltage (this requires a converter).
- Going In Style Adapters will work with Going In Style Converters
- The Deluxe Kit comes with a handy adapter bag
Going In Style Adapter Plug Video Grounded and Non Grounded Adapters
Grounded Adapter Plugs
Non-Grounded Adapter Plugs
Going In Style offers non-grounded adapter plugs for use with your voltage converter, transformer, or dual/multi voltage appliance. A non-grounded United States plug has two flat blades.
Cycles: 50 Hz vs. 60 Hz.
Computers and Apple Products
If you are traveling overseas with a Toshiba, HP, Lenovo, Asus, laptop or Apple device such as an iPad, chances are you won’t need a voltage converter. Most laptops are multi-voltage and will operate on voltages ranging from 100 to 240 volts. However, computers do need to make safe connections to foreign power systems and a surge protector is recommended and you will still need an adapter to use your plug.