Bay Area Travel Information
Going In Style's Travel Center offers you packing checklists, adapter guide, TSA information, packing tips, to start your trip off right when departing from the Bay Area.
Bay Area Airports
Prepare In Advance
- Prepare yourself for a long flight. To avoid additional stress make sure your luggage is packed days ahead of time and arrive to airport with plenty of time to spare. Check in electronically through the airline's website to minimize standing in line at the airport.
- Double check foreign document requirements. Many countries require documents other than your passport. Some countries require a visa, while others require complete blank pages in your passport.
- Pack your liquids in a one quart bag so you can easily pull out your liquids at TSA checkpoint.
In Flight Comfort
- During your flight the goal is to be as comfortable as possible. Dress comfortably and be sure to layer as plane cabin temperatures do fluctuate.
- Surround yourself with comfortable travel accessories. Think neck & lumbar pillows, compression socks and sleep masks.
- Bring disinfecting wipes for your tray table. Unfortunately they are rarely cleaned so it's a good idea to give a quick wipe before you use it.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 ounces of water for every hour you're in the air. Think about bringing your own water bottle. You will need to empty your water bottle before going through TSA security checkpoint, however, you can fill your water bottle up once you get through security.
- Try to move your body. Stretching is great to keep the blood flowing and the muscles limber.
When You Arrive
- Upon your arrival, take care of yourself. Drink plenty of fluids, unwind, relax and eat simple foods for the first few days.
- After arrival get outside in the sunlight so your body can reset its natural time clock to coincide with your destination.
- Unless you are used to taking short naps you are better off staying awake until the natural bedtime, but If you are extremely exhausted try a 20 minute nap to help refresh.